Thursday, October 16, 2008

Voting before Dying.......


I know that title must sound soooooooo crazy. Today I was talking with my boss we were taking her out to lunch because it was boss's day. She told me that her great Aunt died on Thursday morning. Well on Tuesday she just had a feeling that she wouldn't be around much longer. Isn't it something how older people can sense when they are leaving and they won't be back. She asked her daughter to come and take her on her errands. She got all of her paperwork in order and the last and most important thing for her to do was to vote. She went and turned in her absentee ballot on Tuesday so that she could make sure that her vote would count for Barak Obama. I am so impressed by the importance that she felt to make sure that her voice was heard and will be counted even though she is now no longer with us. It brought tears to my eyes because she took the time to vote before dying and we have some ignorant folks out here who think that their voice doesn't count or matter. Maybe just maybe they need to ask the old folks how much it does matter.

No comments: